The Regional English Language Office (RELO), U.S. Embassy Hanoi, Vietnam, is pleased offer travel grants for outstanding Vietnamese English language teaching (ELT) professionals to attend either the ThaiTESOL 2017 Conference or the CamTESOL 2017 Conference. Only Vietnamese teachers who have already submitted their proposal to the conference and who have been officially accepted to present at these conferences are eligible to apply. The application deadline is November 30, 2016.
Grants will be offered to selected candidates to support their participation and presenting at one of the following conferences:
- The 37th International ThaiTESOL Conference, January 20-21, 2017, Bangkok, Thailand (http://www.thailandtesol.org/conference/2017)
- The 13th Annual CamTESOL Conference, February 18-19, 2017, Phnom Penh, Cambodia (http://www.camtesol.org/2017-conference)
Each grant will provide a set amount of funding that can be used for:
- Transportation from the grantee’s home city to Bangkok/Phnom Penh;
- Hotel accommodation;
- International travel insurance; and
- Conference registration fee.
The grantee will be responsible for other associated expenses.
To be considered for nomination, applicants must:
- Have been accepted to present at Thai TESOL or CamTESOL
- Be a full-time ELT professional;
- Be a citizen of Vietnam;
- Have at least five years of experience in the field of English language teaching;
- Be committed to share what they learn at the conference with peers upon returning to their hometowns;
- Not have any existing health issues that may preclude them from traveling; and
- Not have received any U.S. government funds or participated in any U.S. government exchange opportunities within the past three years.
How to Apply?
Interested candidates are invited to submit their application online at http://tinyurl.com/relogrants
Application submission deadline: November 30, 2016.
Questions related to the grants should be sent to
document.write( '' );
document.write( addy_text48444 );
document.write( '<\/a>' );
Notification of selection result will be announced in December 2016